Thursday, February 02, 2017

A Remarkable Lady


A Remarkable Lady

I saw her looking at me through the window from outside of my car . The first thing I noticed was Her flawless beauty.  Her porcelain skin set canvas for Her piercing dark eyes.  I could not discern a nationality because She seemed to embody features of several.  She had prominent cheeks and a set chin but Her lips were very soft and feminine, slightly parted as if in a breaking smile.  Her hair was dark, looking soft but not at all like she had been to a beauty shop. It had a luster of its own as it fell about Her shoulders. She seemed inordinately statuesque for Her delicate featuring.  I will say tall, but perfectly proportioned.  The most exquisite lady I ever recall seeing.  A timeless beauty.

I could not tell what she was wearing because it was very bright outside.. But I didn’t feel any heat from a relentless sun. I remember her just standing there unshaded in the bright light, like a photograph where the settings filter out the surroundings.

I thought it odd She didn’t speak or seem to have question. Just standing quietly so intently looking at only me. There was no anger, no consternation. Was She beckoning to me?  No, there was no gesture. Still, that piercing look.  I felt exposed.  What did this absolutely Heavenly woman want with me? I wanted to ask, but it seemed as though I couldn’t force myself to move towards her. I was immobile in my position, which seemed odd.  Was I fearful?  No, I felt very rested and peaceful.  She just stood, still looking at me. I felt a power in her look.  For unfathomed reason it consoled me.  She radiated peacefulness. 

I had a feeling she had a message for me. But I had never met her; never saw her before.  A creature of this beauty I certainly would have remembered. That light got brighter. So much so that I perceived her fading  into the background.  This was getting very vexing.

I awoke in a room.  Where was my car?  What was this place?  The woman was not there, but a Phillipina lady in flower print outfit asked me who I was. I was foggy.  Strange question.  Further dialogue gave me knowledge I was in a hospital.  It seems I had a very bad car accident,  “T-boned” at a intersection and pinned in my car, the Fire Department had to pry me loose, taking so much time paramedics thought I would not make it out alive.  But here I was.

As reality dawned more, I very sharply remembered that lady. That beatific creature of infinite understanding and resolve.  I had a lot of time to think about her lying in that bed recovering, and I am convinced I was granted a brief look into the Face of God that day.
                                                                                                      - Jerry Wendt 2017

No comments: