Saturday, June 09, 2018

BUTT...


With no overt attempt to offend
I wish to address
without needless finesse,
My old droopy poopy rear end.  


What in youth was a bubble,
firm, supple, and round,
as delectable as words make it sound,
now lays in a state of resounding rubble.


Once it was toasted with “Champers,”
now a lunar field of lumps
in dire need of some Botox plumps,
shrouded in adult sized Pampers.


Oh the shame of it all
Regularity has long left presence,
facing no end of penance,
rushing to make it into the stall.


Why did babies first offering gifts
go from proud treasure
to grief in no small measure,
ending in odious sniffs ?


Longing for a good solid turd
without watching my diet,
or facing anular riot-
becoming such concern is absurd.


So I tell you in sincerity
It’s a part of my whole,
and without being too droll
I have to take it with a bit of hilarity

-Jerry Wendt 2018

No comments: